An executive chair should not only look professional and impressive, but it should feel impressively comfy.
Finding the best executive chair is a bit more involved than searching for other types of task or desk chairs. When searching for an executive chair, you are seeking options that have both the right ergonomics, as well as the right aesthetic.
Executive chairs are typically high-back, and have a more plush, luxurious look. They are usually used in a work setting, but make a great addition to a home office. To aid in your search, we have compiled a short list of three of our favorites. All of the options we recommend receive top marks for style AND comfortability.
Top Executive Office Chairs
Alera Ravino Big and Tall Series High- Back Swivel/ Tilt Leather Chair
Alera Fraze High-Back Swivel/Tilt Chair, Black Leather
Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair
#1 Choice – Alera Fraze High-Back Swivel/Tilt Chair, Black Leather
The Alera Fraze High-Back Swivel/Tilt Chair is one of the most aesthetically pleasing executive chairs on the market. It is both professional and luxurious in appearance and makes a stylish addition to an upscale office setting. It offers both soft-touch leather upholstery and clean lines and is a favorite for offering all-day support and comfort.
We also love the Alera Fraze because it isn’t just a pretty face, it is also supremely comfortable, using ultra-soft cushions, side bolsters and lumbar bolsters to provide maximum support for the sitter’s body. The waterfall seat edge also reduces pressure points at the back of the knees for improved circulation, which maintains comfort over the course of a long day. The casters are also sturdy and designed for easy mobility. With the Fraze, you can also customize the tilt of the back of the chair with the tension lever underneath the seat.
One concern to take note of is that this chair can be a little difficult to assemble, as the 3 main parts of the chair each weigh an estimated 20 pounds. We recommend assembling with a partner who can assist with holding the three pieces in place.
The Alera Fraze is available at a lower price on Amazon, which is why we love purchasing online. You also get the added bonus of almost 300 customer reviews, rating this chair at a solid 4.1 out of 5 stars.
If you want the best deal you should buy this on Amazon and here's why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the chair, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it an easy to understand star rating. You know you're buying quality when there are hundreds of fans of the product.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Your local office store has a limited selection. On top of that, most of the chairs they sell are their store brand, meaning you get fewer choices and are paying more for a lower quality chair that they make maximum profits on.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your chair in perfect condition. BUT, if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Office Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Ultra-soft cushions, side bolsters and lumbar bolsters for maximum suppport
- Plush, thickly padded headrest and arm rests
- Soft touch leather upholstery for style and comfort
- Ultra-soft cushions, side bolsters and lumbar bolsters for maximum suppport.
- Plush, thickly padded headrest and arm rests.
- Soft-touch leather upholstery for style and comfort.
#2 Choice – Alera Ravino Big and Tall Series High-Back Swivel/ Tilt Eco-Leather Chair
The Alera Ravino is another top of the line executive chair that should be on anyone’s shortlist when searching for this type of chair. It has a sleek, modern design with a pillow-top seat and back, providing plush comfort for long-term sitting. The Ravino also has open loop aluminum arms with padded armrests for a cleaner, more modern feel.
The Ravino was made for comfort and the materials used are at par, if not better than those out there that are priced at double the cost. The reclining lever is easy to use and in a very intuitive, accessible spot. It is easy to adjust to find the proper tension for your back and create the best sitting experience possible. The customized positioning allow you to make the Ravino work for you, while you get some of your own work done.
The Alera Ravino is available on Amazon and has a 4.0 out of 5 rating, with nearly 200 happy customer reviews.
- Plush pillow-top seat and back for luxurious comfort
- Open loop aluminum arms with padded armrests
- Chrome-plated five-star base with nylon casters for easy mobility
#3 Choice – Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair
The Boss Black LeatherPlus executive chair is an ergonomic option with great lumbar support, fine leather and pneumatic seat height adjustment. Like the Fraze, it is designed with a waterfall seat to eliminate leg fatigue, which makes it especially comfortable to sit on for long periods of time.
The Boss executive is made of high-grade leather, which make it look both elegant and high-end. Durability and quality both receive top marks, as all the plastic parts are made from hard structural plastics and are designed to last.
The top selling point for this chair is its comfortability, due to its thoughtfully-designed lumbar support, which extends all the way up to the headrest. Consumers who work in an office can sit in this chair for hours and still feel supported and at ease. It also has several inches of padding, which makes it plush and comfortable.
Another notable feature is that the Boss reclines up to 25 degrees, which has been shown to be the ideal range for most people. The chair height is also just right for average height to tall people; unfortunately, for people who are shorter than 5’6” this chair might be a little big.The LeatherPlus also has a 250-pound weight capacity, so you know its construction is both firm and durable.
The Boss is also pretty easy to assemble; you won’t need any extra tools and it will only take you a few minutes – quick and easy with no hassle.
This is a great chair for those specifically looking for a quality leather substitute and should definitely be on anyone’s short list. You can find it on Amazon at a low price point, you will certainly get your money’s worth for the chair’s comfort, durability, and high-quality.
- Ergonomic office chair with lumbar support and pneumatic seat height adjustment
- Upholstered in black LeatherPlus; waterfall seat design eliminates leg fatigue
- Upright locking position and adjustable tilt tension control
- Weight capacity is 250 pounds; easy assembly upon arrival; no tools required
- Measures 26-1/2 inches wide by 28 inches deep; adjusts between 45 and 48-1/2 inches high