Sitting around while doing your work or studying can get pretty tiresome. I personally prefer high back chairs for the support they provide and because I like to lean back and relax periodically when working. If you’ve been feeling the strain on your back from extended periods of sitting then maybe its time for an upgrade. This is a list of the best high back office chairs around, in my opinion. Reading on you’ll quickly understand why.
Top High Back Office Chairs
#1 Choice – Boss Black LeatherPlus
If you’ve been looking around online for the best high back office chairs, then I’m sure you have come across the Boss Black LeatherPlus becuase it has been one of the best office chairs in the market. Boss needs no introduction. This ergonomic chair features durable leather Plus cover, great lumbar support and pneumatic seat height adjustment, which is great for people who like to customize their chair or for chairs that are used by several people throughout the day.
This chair is a great fit for companies who plan to buy chairs in bulk or for an individual looking for a customizable and comfortable seat for their home or personal office. The Boss LeatherPlus is one handsome looking chair and while that’s not really a top requirement, it’s kind of nice to have a chair that is at least professional looking even fitting for the executive managers. The comfort features is also one of the best out there. The waterfall seat design helps avoid leg fatigue, while this is not anything unique, it’s still a great feature to have. The padding on the seat and the back is also especially nice and of high-quality – not too hard and not too soft. The Boss LeatherPlus also has adjustable tilt tension control and it can recline. You only need to unlock the chair with the lever that operates the height adjustment and this will allow you to recline the chair for a break or moment of relaxation.
Just as the name suggests, this chair is made of leather plus, which is a cross between leather and vinyl. Leather plus is a more eco-friendly option and is often considered more durable than standard leather. It’s also quite comfortable to sit on.
If you’re wondering the weight capacity on this chair, it is around 250 pounds, which means that it can support those in juts about any weight class and you don’t need to worry about straining or decreasing the lifespan of the chair.
So what are you waiting for? This chair is available on Amazon with a conservative rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars and over 670 customer reviews. You can even read the hundreds and hundreds of reviews from people who rated this 5 star. This chair is definitely a bang for your buck and one of the more affordable chairs that doesn’t sacrifice quality.
If you want the best deal you should buy this on Amazon and here's why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the chair, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it an easy to understand star rating. You know you're buying quality when there are hundreds of fans of the product.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Your local office store has a limited selection. On top of that, most of the chairs they sell are their store brand, meaning you get fewer choices and are paying more for a lower quality chair that they make maximum profits on.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your chair in perfect condition. BUT, if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Office Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Ergonomic office chair with lumbar support and pneumatic seat height adjustment
- Upholstered in black LeatherPlus; waterfall seat design eliminates leg fatigue
- Upright locking position and adjustable tilt tension control
- Weight capacity is 250 pounds; easy assembly upon arrival; no tools required
- Measures 26-1/2 inches wide by 28 inches deep; adjusts between 45 and 48-1/2 inches high
#2 Choice – ErgoHuman Mesh Ergonomic Chair
It comes as no surprise that the ErgoHuman mesh ergonomic chair is on the list of the best office high back chairs. Although this chair is a bit on the expensive side, it is worth every penny if you have a little extra to spend. The chair is available in tons of great colors like blue, burgundy, green, gray, among others. I prefer the standard black, but the ErgoHuman can be styled to suit anyone’s tastes. The chair also features 8 adjustments, like tilt tension control, tilt lock, back height adjustment, synchro tilt, seat height and depth and arm height, of course.
The chair is made of breathable mesh, which keeps you comfortable and cool all day long. And while it is a mesh chair, it still maintains a stylish and professional look. Again, because the chair is ErgoHuman, there’s a lifetime warranty with every purchase. Although the upholstery and foam are not part of the lifetime warranty, don’t worry, both are still covered in the 5-year warranty of ErgoHuman. The chair also features a headrest, which you can move up and down or tilt. I actually find the headrest quite nice and being able to adjust it to my liking is very useful. The lumbar support is also integrated with the back of the chair. And while not stated, this chair is more suitable for taller people who want a decent back support. It is ideal for people who suffer from lower back pain, as the lumbar support is really top notch.
As with any chair, it really comes down to preference. I find this chair to be exceedingly comfortable and well worth the money. However, if budget is a concern, the Boss LeatherPlus or the Flash Furniture Executive might be the better option for you.
The ErgoHuman can be purchased from Amazon with a 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- Seat Height: 18.1a”22.9″
- Seat WxD: 19 1/2×17 3/4″
- Adjustable: tilt tension control, tilt lock, back angle, back height, synchro tilt, seat height, seat depth, and arm height
- Material: Mesh
- Base Type: Nylon Casters
#3 Choice – Flash Furniture High Back Leather Overstuffed Executive Office Chair
Finally, last on our list, but certainly not least, the Flash Furniture high back leather over-stuffed executive office chair. This is a high back swivel chair with pressurized lumbar support knob with a well-padded seat and back along with a standard spring tilt mechanism. The chair is very spacious and comfortable to sit on and you won’t feel too cramped on your seat. The arms are also padded to allow your arms rest comfortably and the overall padding feels just right for top comfort, even while if you are seated for extended periods of time.
The chair is also especially strong and sturdy. And given the durability and high-quality, the price on this chair is pretty much unbeatable. Even compared with the Boss LeatherPlus, this chair is a bargain on Amazon. And when it comes to the materials used, the genuine leather, which usually costs more than LeatherPlus upholsteries, just can’t be beat.
The innovative features of the Flash high-back are just one of the many reasons you should consider buying this chair. This is a solid chair that covers all your basic needs with some great extra features. It’s a durable, high-quality chair that’s worthy.
- Executive office swivel chair, 27-inch width by 30-1/2-inch depth by 41-1/2 45-inch height
- High back design
- Overstuffed Padded Seat and Back
- Built-in lumbar support