Read Time: 8 minutes
Are you the boss at home or at work? Do you just want to look and feel like the boss?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then a faux leather office chair is what you need.
Real leather chairs cost over $1,000 as a starting point, but we have compiled a list of our favorite leather-esque chairs that look and feel like real leather without laying the smackdown on your wallet.
If you are ready to drop the big bucks and are looking for a genuine leather chair, scroll to the bottom to see our top “Genuine Leather Office Chair” pick!
There are quite a few factors you should take into account before buying a leather chair, especially one that will last. For some, looks are the primary consideration, but these 3 chairs have not only beauty, but brains too, as they all offer great features for comfortability and support.
Top Leather Office Chairs
#1 Choice – Boss Black Leather
Let’s start with the Boss black leather chair. Boss is a well-known brand in the chair industry and they are recognized for producing great quality chairs. This Boss black leather chair is an ergonomic office chair with a high back, solid lumbar support and pneumatic seat height adjustment.
The lumbar support on the Boss is outstanding and is a must for those experiencing back pain. Some find it hard to sit for extended periods of time without feeling the need to stand up and walk around -this chair keeps you comfortable, relaxed and able to focus for long periods of time without that feeling of restlessness.
It also helps that the seat is made of LeatherPlus, which is a cross between leather and vinyl. It looks stylish and professional without the hefty price tag of a genuine leather office chair. The Boss also features a waterfall design that helps eliminate leg fatigue, as well as adjustable tilt tension control, which is great for those who are seeking a chair that reclines comfortably.
The chair is fairly easy to assemble and shouldn’t take you more than about 20 minutes from start to finish. There are no tools required, it is pretty much ready to snap together right out of the box. Because bosses shouldn’t have to waste time with lengthy assembly processes.
All things considered, the Boss black leather chair is one of the best leather office chairs on the market. It looks and feels durable, and the materials used are known for their longevity. The best part? The Boss is just $149.99 on Amazon with over 660 customer reviews and over 300 of those reviewers gave it a 5 star rating. It doesn’t get much better than that.
If you want the best deal you should buy this on Amazon and here's why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the chair, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it an easy to understand star rating. You know you're buying quality when there are hundreds of fans of the product.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Your local office store has a limited selection. On top of that, most of the chairs they sell are their store brand, meaning you get fewer choices and are paying more for a lower quality chair that they make maximum profits on.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your chair in perfect condition. BUT, if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Office Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Ergonomic office chair with lumbar support and pneumatic seat height adjustment
- Upholstered in black LeatherPlus; waterfall seat design eliminates leg fatigue
- Upright locking position and adjustable tilt tension control
- Weight capacity is 250 pounds; easy assembly upon arrival; no tools required
- Measures 26-1/2 inches wide by 28 inches deep; adjusts between 45 and 48-1/2 inches high
#2 Choice – Alera Ravino Big and Tall Chair
The Alera Ravino big and tall chair is the king of the leather-style office chairs. If you want a big, high-back chair that will accommodate you and your boss-like stature then this is a great option for you. The lumbar support from the high-back is like no other. The plush pillow- top seat was designed for luxurious comfort. You even enjoy open loop aluminium arms with a padded armrest to relax on.
The chair is heavy and incredibly sturdy. Although there isn’t any notation on what the weight capacity is on this chair, reviewers have claimed they weigh around 350 pounds and enjoy this chair without any problems.
The Ravino even tilts back a bit, just enough for you to relax and melt into it when you’re ready to take a quick break from running the world.
This chair is also especially easy to assemble. Purchasers have noted it only took them 10- 15 minutes to finish assembling it without any hassle. As a handy tip: just like any other chair, you should not tighten the screws/ bolts all the way until you have actually lined up and fit them together loosely. Otherwise, it will cause you a whole lot more trouble trying to make them line up.
Unlike the first chair, this one is a little pricier at just over 200 bucks. You can find it for $218.92 on Amazon, which saves you about $430, just by buying it online. It also has a respectable 4.2 out of 5 star rating with over 190 customer reviews.
- Plush pillow-top seat and back for luxurious comfort
- Open loop aluminum arms with padded armrests
- Chrome-plated five-star base with nylon casters for easy mobility
#3 Choice – Office Star WorkSmart Executive High Back Eco Leather Chair
And finally, last but not the least, the Office Star WorkSmart executive chair. This chair is available in black and mocha, depending on your preference. The thick padded contour seat feels plush and luxuriously comfortable. The back has a built-in lumbar supportive design that is great for those with back pain and because it is a high-back chair, it actually helps you maintain a proper posture throughout the work day.
The WorkSmart also features a one-touch pneumatic seat height adjustment with locking tilt control and adjustable tilt tension control. You won’t get a ton of extra adjustable features, such as the arm rest height adjustment, but I believe that this chair offers the adjustable features that are important to your every day comfort.
Just like any other leather chair, the lack of breathability in the material is the only downside, but that is a common factor with any leather office chair. It is also worth noting that the leather used in this chair is actually eco-leather meaning it is bonded and not genuine leather, though it is exceptionally stylish and well-made.
This chair is the cheapest out of the 3 in the best leather office chairs list but despite being the most affordable for only $139.50 on Amazon, it is actually the highest rated with 4.3 out of 5 stars from 40+ customer reviews.
- Mocha eco-leather with two tone stitching
- Thick padded contour seat and back with built-in lumbar support
- One touch pneumatic seat height adjustment
- Locking tilt control with adjustable tilt tension control
- Padded nylon loop arms
Top Genuine Leather Office Chair Pick
LexMod Ribbed Mid-Back Office Chair
The LexMod ribbed mid-back chair is the ultimate stylish leather office chair with a modern edge, styled after the famous Eames aluminum group management chair. This chair features genuine leather upholstery and is highly rated for durability. Purchasers have reported the leather is soft and supple and wears well over time, even with repeated, regular use.
The LexMod, like the other options on this list features a one-touch pneumatic seat height adjustment with locking tilt control and adjustable tilt tension control. The curved back is designed thoughtfully to support your lumbar region naturally and the seat itself is well formed for optimal leg comfort and pressure relief.
This chair is an exceptional high-end product that typically retails for $570. For most of us that would break the bank, but Amazon lists it for just $293.90, which is a little more realistic for most of us. Consumers also rate it a solid 4 out of 5 stars.
- Genuine leather upholstery with 7 years warranty
- Made from quality cowhide.
- Suitable and very comfortable for large/tall people.
- Adjustable height and swivel function
- Comfortable armrests, wooden finish.
- Made in Czech Republic, Europe