Read Time: 6 minutes
It’s gettin’ hot in here, so take off all your…well nothing. You can’t just strip down in the workplace when you start to feel overheated.
That’s why so many people are crazy about the mesh office chair.
There is no better option when it comes to breathability.
How hot a chair gets factors heavily into how comfortable we are when sitting for long periods of time. A mesh chair, at least for me, is quite a bit more comfortable than a leather chair as it doesn’t get nearly as hot after extended periods of sitting. Additionally, the support it provides for your back is sometimes, if not most of the time, better than the support provided by a leather chair.
Admittedly, leather chairs can look more stylish, but we have done the research to find high-performing mesh options that are both stylish and supportive with maximum points for breathability.
Top Mesh Office Chairs
Office Star Space Professional Air Grid Back Manager’s Chair with 2-to-1 Synchro Tilt Control
The Office Star Professional is a top-quality chair at a price point accessible to almost any budget. It features an eco-leather seat with mesh siding, a full mesh back, one-touch pneumatic seat height adjustment, and 2-to-1 Synchro tilt control with adjustable tilt tension. This chair is only available in black, which makes it look particularly sophisticated and stylish. It weighs just a little over 40 lbs. and its product dimensions are 20 x 21 x 19 inches.
If you aren’t concerned with brand names, like Herman Miller, then this is a solid option worthy of your consideration as the quality on this chair is top notch and if it did have a fancy brand name, it would cost at least 2 or 3 times as much as the current price tag.
The levers for seat adjustment are placed carefully, which makes it especially easy to adjust.The lumbar support on this chair is also well conceived and suits users of both tall and average height. If you are on the shorter side, the seat might be a bit deep and your feet may not reach the floor, in which case you may want to consider a few of our alternatives. This chair is notable for its great lumbar support and you can tilt it back quite a bit, which makes it especially comfortable.
The breathability on this chair is the main selling point. We rate it as excellent as you can sit for extended periods of time without feeling overheated or uncomfortable. We also find that the eco-leather seats are adequately padded and strike a great balance, not overly hard and yet not too soft either.
This chair is easy to assemble and the instructions are straightforward.
You can snag this chair on Amazon for a great bargain for the quality and comfort you’ll enjoy. It’s also rated 4.3 out of 5 stars with more than 200+ reviews from its customers.
If you want the best deal you should buy this on Amazon and here's why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the chair, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it an easy to understand star rating. You know you're buying quality when there are hundreds of fans of the product.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Your local office store has a limited selection. On top of that, most of the chairs they sell are their store brand, meaning you get fewer choices and are paying more for a lower quality chair that they make maximum profits on.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your chair in perfect condition. BUT, if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Office Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Eco -leather seat with mesh siding for breathability and comfort
- One-touch pneumatic seat height adjustment
- 2-to-1 Synchro tilt control with adjustable tilt tension
- Height adjustable, angled arms with soft PU pads
- Heavy-duty angled, nylon base with oversized dual wheel carpet casters
Aeron Chair by Herman Miller
The Aeron Chair by Herman Miller is not only one of the all-time best mesh office chairs but also one of the best ergonomic chairs available on the market. Ergonomic chairs come with lots of benefits, such as providing proper support for your back to prevent lower back pains or overall sore backs. Having an ergonomic chair that is mesh construction and has maximum breathability is an added bonus.
Although, it is a bit pricey for an office chair, the Aeron has a ton of die-hard fans and is known for its unparalleled style and durability. The added bonus security of Herman Miller’s 12-year warranty that covers everything including the casters, tilts, pneumatic cylinders, and all the moving mechanisms just sweetens the deal.
With the high-tech, top-quality mesh fabric used in its construction, you can be sure that it not only looks better than most mesh chairs, but the Aeron also works a bit better and brings maximum comfort. It is also the first chair to ditch the traditional foam used for the seat and back material, the mesh developed by Herman Miller conforms to your body and cradles it, which keeps the pressure even, and keeps you cool at the same time.
The Aeron is also cleverly designed to adapt to the person who is sitting on it, no matter their size, weight, sitting time, etc. It is essentially like having a custom chair adjusting to your every need throughout the day.
The construction of the Aeron chair is heavy and sturdy, so you know it is made to last and won’t be something that you have to replace after the first year. The construction also uses recycled materials for 94% of the chair so you can feel good about having a low carbon footprint.
Let’s not forget the PostureFit feature by Herman Miller that supports the way your pelvis naturally tilts forward and allows your spine stay aligned to avoid back pain. The Aeron chair is the benchmark of all mesh office chairs. It is the standard by which all others are measured.
The Aeron is available on Amazon and it’s customers rate it as 4.4 out of 5 stars. It is certainly not the most budget-friendly chair out there, but you definitely get your money’s worth with Herman Miller’s top-seller.
- 12-year Herman Miller warranty with born-on-date sticker.
- The new benchmark in the arena of ergonomic office, seating
- Highly adjustable mode: adjustable arms, lumbar support, tilt limiter and seat angle adjustment
Alera ALEEL42BME10B Elusion Series Mesh Chair
Last on our list of the best mesh office chairs is the Alera ALEE42BME10B Elusion Series mesh chair. The Elusion is a mid-back mesh office chair that features an adjustable ergonomic design to support multiple users. The contoured seat is made from premium fabric upholstery and the mesh back offers great breathability to keep you cool even when sitting for long periods of time.
This chair also offers adjustable seat height with tilt. For those looking for similar features and design to the Aeron chair, without the hefty price tag, the Alera Elusion is a great alternative that we love.
Not only is the Alera chair comfortable, easy to adjust, and attractive, it is also quite affordable. You can own a less pricey yet comparable option to the Aeron chair. It is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars by its customers and has received a ton of positive written feedback in the reviews.
- Ergonomic design adjusts to fit multiple users
- Cool, breathable mesh back
- Contoured seat cushion with premium fabric upholstery and waterfall edge to help relieve pressure on legs