Reading time: 5 minutes
Learn: The top 3 office chairs under $100 and their features
Aside from your bed, your office chair should be your body’s best friend.
Don’t believe me? Most people spend over 9 hours a day just sitting. If it’s inevitable that you’ll be stationary for that much of your day, you might as well be comfortable. And being comfortable doesn’t have to come with an outrageous price tag.
Sure, you can easily drop $1,000 on an office chair that will practically brush your teeth and bake you a cookie. It’s easy to find a comfortable option at that price point. But what about chairs under $100? Where to even begin to find one that will give you the support and comfort you need without falling apart within the first three months? Well, that’s what this post is for. To help you find a budget office chair that will last AND keep you comfy while you work.
Considering purchasing chairs for a large office setting or just a single desk chair for your home study space? This guide is a compilation of the BEST 3 chairs within this price range that are consumer-tested and reviewed. I will break down all the major highlights of each chair, the features you should expect to find, the Amazon rating and the price.
My personal favorite? The Flash Furniture mid-back chair with the chrome-base. This chair looks stylishly modern and is well-padded and constructed for ventilation so you feel comfortable for 5 plus hours at a time. I really can’t get over the $89.00 price tag either.
All of these chairs are going to give you the most bang for your buck, perfect for companies purchasing chairs in bulk, or the home-office shopper with a budget.
Top Office Chairs Under $100
#1 Choice – Flash Furniture Mid-Back Office Chair with Chrome Finished Base
The Flash Furniture mid-back office chair with the chrome base is a great pick if you’re in the market for a supportive chair with a contemporary style. Mid-back chairs tend to provide more lumbar cushioning and are highly recommended if you are going to be sitting for long periods of time without a break. This option is affordably priced and comes in a wide array of colors – black, blue, white, green, red, yellow, orange, gray, burgundy, and black/burgundy to suit any decor style. Our favorite? The super modern white.
This chair is constructed from a mesh fabric with a padded mesh and upholstered seat featuring built-in lumbar support and a tilt lock mechanism for customization of the seat back angle to suit your preferred reclining position.
This is one of the most affordable chairs on our list at only $89.97 on Amazon, with a regular list price of $299. At this price point it’s pretty much impossible to find a better chair than the Flash. It is dream-like back support for a steal.
Keep in mind, this office chair doesn’t have the dozens of customization features the higher-end brands like Aeron offer, BUT, this chair is a solid comfortable option with a reputation for durability and for the price, it is top of its category.
If you want the best deal you should buy this on Amazon and here's why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the chair, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it an easy to understand star rating. You know you're buying quality when there are hundreds of fans of the product.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Your local office store has a limited selection. On top of that, most of the chairs they sell are their store brand, meaning you get fewer choices and are paying more for a lower quality chair that they make maximum profits on.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your chair in perfect condition. BUT, if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Office Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Mid-back mesh swivel chair, 25-1/4-inch width by 27-inch depth by 42-1/4-inch height
- Mesh back
- Padded mesh upholstered seat
- Built-in lumbar support
- Tilt-lock mechanism
#2 Choice – Flash LF-W23 Mid-Back Mesh Office Chair
Another highly-regarded and affordable chair is the LF-W23 mid-back mesh chair, also from Flash Furniture. A contemporary mesh back office chair with a padded seat and mesh fabric accents, this stylish option provides relaxing stationary support for those seeking all day comfort.
The LF-W23 has a wide and cushy seat and full, supportive back. You have the option to purchase in 3 colors – red, blue, and gray/black. This chair also features an adjustable lumbar support, locking tilt control, and it is durably built. It can easily accommodate a large adult male and still be comfortable, which can be a common concern for taller or broader shoppers.
The back support on this chair is particularly noteworthy, especially if you are a person with poor posture and a tendency to hunch your shoulders. The LF-W23 is designed to subtly position your body to naturally improve your posture, which reduces strain and stiffness in your lumbar region over time.
The best part about the LF-W23 is that its not going to cost you an arm and a leg. You can purchase this chair for just $79.88 on Amazon, which is a serious bargain for a solid, durable office chair that can cost up to $300 in stores.
- Contemporary grey mesh back office chair, 23-3/4-inch width by 24-inch depth by 38-1/4 42-1/4-inch height
- Mid-back design
- Padded seat with mesh fabric accents
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Locking tilt control
#3 Choice – High Back Executive PU Leather Ergonomic Chair O10
I have always liked a chair that can recline a bit when I need to rest my back and take a break from my work. The O10 is incredibly comfortable, heavily padded, and has a great recline feature.The O10 has generously padded arms and a seat designed to provided cushy, maximized comfort for long-duration sitting. If you’re looking for a plush, padded office chair the High Back Executive Ergonomic Chair O10 should be a top contender.
It is worth noting that some consumers have reported that when you first remove the chair from the packaging, it has a slight lingering smell of chemicals, most likely from manufacturing. It is not a huge concern for most purchasers, all of whom reported that it disappears over time. However, to eliminate the fresh new chair smell right away, purchasers recommend a quick spritz of Febreze. We find it to be a particularly minor complaint that can be overlooked for the price and quality of this chair.
This is a solid office chair for less than 100 bucks. Once you sit on it and feel how it gently supports and cushions your body, you will swear you spent a lot more on it. For just $60 on Amazon, this chair is our most wallet-friendly option. It also has over 100 reviews from consumers, earning a solid 4.2 out of 5 stars. The O10 comes in both brown and black, but price may vary depending on the color selected.
- Seat Size: 20″(W) x 20″(D)
- Seat height: 19 – 23″ adjustable height
- Back size: 20″(W) x 28″(H)
- 360 degree swivel for the chair.
- Weight limit: 250LB