Reading time: 5 minutes
Learn: The top 3 office chairs under $200 and their features
There is nothing worse than:
Buying a stylish $200 office chair and realizing a couple months later it gives you absolutely NO support. I did this!
I had no idea what I was doing and suffered some serious lower back pain from sitting in an uncomfortable position. The chair looked amazing and I got suckered in. Faux black leather in a modern style. I felt like a boss in it but at the end of the day it was not a quality chair.
I educated myself and replaced it.
For the amount of time we all spend seated every day, $200 should be a no brainer. This is an investment in comfort and support.
There are hundreds of chairs in this price point and separating the best from the rest of the field can be time-consuming. I have put together a comprehensive guide on the very best options every consumer should consider under $200.
This price point is popular with companies seeking a large number of solid, supportive chairs for their employees and the options we compare in this category do not disappoint. Comfort is key when it comes to productivity and we believe comfort begins with the perfect desk chair.
My personal pick from his list? The stylish and feature-rich Lorell executive high-back. You will feel like royalty when sitting in this style-conscious yet ergonomically-conscious chair.
For full reviews and feature break downs on our three favorites for the $200 category, read on!
Top Office Chairs Under $200
#1 Choice – Lorell Executive High Back Chair
The Lorell Executive High-Back Chair is an aesthetically beautiful chair, with a huge range of features for comfort maximization. This chair consists of a nylon, five-star base with pneumatic seat height adjustment. It has product dimensions of 31.9 x 23.8 x 14.4 inches and weighs 50 pounds. Seat height from the floor adjusts from 17” to 21”. This chair is available in the black frame color only.
If you’ve been experiencing the back pain or stiffness most office employees or home officer users suffer from, then this is a great chair for you. The Lorell high-back chair features an ergonomically-designed, tall back specifically designed to support the natural curvature of a person’s spine. It also features a 360-degree swivel, tilt and asynchronous three-lever control. This chair also allows full position customization; it is completely adjustable, allowing you to select the seat height, reclining back resistance, lumbar support, armrest height and width, forward recline angle, reclining depth, and backrest rigidity. Armchair adjustments are key for long-duration sitting to avoid shoulder and back strains. This chair has solid back support due to its nice smooth curve, which supports the full back through the mid and upper spine. The form of this chair provides support to keep the upper spine straighter, improving posture. The seat cushion is also soft and comfortably cushy.
The Lorell high-back also meets the CA117 fire-retardant standard, which means it is difficult to burn, though it is not completely fire proof. Its cloth fabric also saves you from occasional snack stains by being especially easy to clean. This chair is also especially easy to assemble and you won’t need any special tools. It comes pre-assembled, you just need to pop on the casters, attach the arms and back, then stick the seat into the base.
The Lorell High-Back Chair has a list price of $360, but you can score it for $165 on Amazon, which is a serious bargain for its body-conscious design, full customization and good looks.
If you want the best deal you should buy this on Amazon and here's why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the chair, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it an easy to understand star rating. You know you're buying quality when there are hundreds of fans of the product.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Your local office store has a limited selection. On top of that, most of the chairs they sell are their store brand, meaning you get fewer choices and are paying more for a lower quality chair that they make maximum profits on.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your chair in perfect condition. BUT, if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Office Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Executive high-back chair features a mesh back chair, mesh fabric seat and ergonomically designed high back for the natural curvature of a person’s back
- Arms adjust in height and width
- Seat height from floor adjusts from 17″ to 21″
- Offers a nylon five-star base, pneumatic seat-height adjustment
- 360-degree swivel, tilt and asynchronous three-lever control Available in black frame only and meets the ca117 fire-retardant standard.
#2 Choice – Office Star Space Professional Air Grid Back Manager’s Chair
The Office Star Professional is another high-quality chair that will appeal to a wide range of body types and cater to a plethora of support needs. The Space Processional weighs just a little over 40 lbs and its product dimensions are 20 x 21 x 19 inches. It has an eco-leather seat with mesh siding, a one-touch pneumatic seat height adjustment, and a 2-to-1 Synchro tilt control with adjustable tilt tension for a customized feel. This chair is only available in black, but is contemporary and stylishly designed.
The quality of this chair is top notch and we think it even surpasses a lot of other chairs available at double the price. The lumbar support on the Office Star is solid and works well for both tall and average height people. There have been a few complaints that the chair may not be as comfortable for short people, so keep this in mind when purchasing!
The leather seats are adequately padded, not overly hard and not too soft either. The chair is also easy to assemble and the instructions are straightforward, as reported by recent purchasers.
You can pick up the OfficeStar Manager’s Chair on Amazon for $164.34, which is a serious bargain for the quality, and comfort you’ll enjoy. It’s also rated at 4.3 out of 5 stars with more than 200+ reviews from its customers, a clear fan favorite.
- Eco-leather seat with mesh siding for breathability and comfort
- One-touch pneumatic seat height adjustment
- 2-to-1 synchro tilt control with adjustable tilt tension
- Height adjustable angled arms with soft PU pads
- Heavy-duty angled nylon base with oversized dual-wheel carpet casters
#3 Choice – High Back Ribbed Leather Executive Office Chair
The High-Ribbed Executive office chair from Flash Furniture is another top quality, sturdy, and stylish high-back leather swivel chair in the $200 price category that we think makes an excellent addition to any company or home office setting. Our favorite chair in terms of expensive-looking sleek style, this option has a foam-molded back and seat with built-in lumbar support, a locking tilt mechanism for a mid-pivot knee tilt. It also has a coat rack across the back and dual-paddle control mechanism.
This is a great contemporary piece of furniture that instantly elevates the style of any interior. It is available in both black and white and there’s also a mid-back version of this chair if a high-back is, well, too high for you. The mid-back version is also available in black or white. This is a sleek and simply designed, yet well conceived chair, that offers top levels of comfort and durability. The only downside is that it can become warm as the leather fabric is not as breathable and airy as the mesh alternatives.
You can find this chair for only $169.09 on Amazon with a 4.0 out of 5 star rating. This is definitely one of those stylish, modern, and affordable chairs that you can use to up the style factor of your office space while sitting in comfort.
- High Back Swivel Chair
- Coat Rack on Back
- Foam Molded Seat and Back
- Built-In Lumbar Support
- Dual Paddle Control